I disagree that its necessarily wrong. If it's coming from the point of view
of gaming/linux/hlds then I still think its valid. Some remotes may take
more usage for example and I wouldn't suggest running them on a box with
running game servers unless necessary (in fact as someone suggested ssh
earlier, I'd actually agree to go down that road).
 I don't see the problem with just a kind steering in the right direction of
a place to go or what would benefit his setup the most so that he will have
a good setup for hosting a server.
 Personally I'd rather have the odd off topic post and help than some of the
bitchiness.