In that case they're loosing a customer. That doesn't make sense to do
anything like that.  Just ensure for all new games the same measures are put
in place to detect cheats in that game and then you'll not loose out.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Bryan
Sent: Wednesday, 26 October 2005 7:28 AM
To: hlds_linux@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] VAC Banning

This is true but other gaming industries are doing global bans. For example
if you are caught doing certain cheats in BF2 your hardware id is banned.
Not only is your ban permenant in BF2, the player is globally banned in any
games supported by PB. It is a start in the right direction. It at least
makes a cheater/hacker feel the pain for their actions. IMHO until you take
the anomnimite of gaming away people will still hide behind their computers
and get away with as much as they can.

Crazy_One