On Nov 9, 2005, at 2:03 PM, kama wrote:

I am aware of the whole FreeBSD Release cycle. Been using FreeBSD
since
early 2.x.

That was directed at the "wait for -STABLE" comment earlier.

I merely tried to ask, if someone have upgraded and if they found any
problems, to save me the trouble if I where to make the same
mistake as
them.

I haven't upgraded my (non-HLDS) servers yet. I've heard good things
about both the upgrades and the stability of the platform, although I
doubt my second-hand opinion matters much.

Off the record, I believe 6.0 is mature enough to be installed
since its
5.x + a lot of bugfixes. Its not the same big change as from 4.x to
5.x. I
will be upgrading all my freebsd servers at work from 5.x to 6.0 next
week, since there are a lot of performance tweaks within areas that
are
used by the application.

This is about my view as well. I've been hearing things that overall
performance and stability is much better in the 6.x line.

--
Erik Hollensbe
[EMAIL PROTECTED]