----- Original Message -----
From: "ScratchMonkey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <hlds_linux@list.valvesoftware.com>; <hlds@list.valvesoftware.com>
Sent: Sunday, November 20, 2005 6:30 PM
Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] Spammers harvesting from this list?

--On Sunday, November 20, 2005 4:49 PM -0800 Ook <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

I'm wondering if some spammer has come here
to harvest email address. Has anyone else had problems with extra spam to
the address you use here?

I wouldn't notice. My servers are protected with SpamAssassin. The only
spam that's getting through is that table-based one selling the drugs
listed spelled in columns, to evade checking for the regular name. I need
to download a ruleset to match that class. If only people didn't post
ordinary mail in HTML, it would be trivial to spot spam.

I have SpamAssassin also, but it's not reliable enough - it misses a lot of
spam, and every now and then tags a legit email. Because of that I have to
review all the spam tags to make sure it didn't miss anything.