* Alan Clegg ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) [051128 07:31]:
> Better yet, why bother to respond if you are only going to add one line and
> include all the other posts from the entire thread?  Please!

LOL, what have I started?

> BTW, there is more than one way to make a server restart, one being a script
> that restarts a screen when the sub-process exits, and another being to use
> the -autoupdate parameter on the command line.

To answer the original question. Yes, I use screen. No, screen doesn't
restart the server :), but I like the way you folk are thinking. As for
-autoupdate controlling this, I think restarting the server should not
be related to autoupdating. Perhaps a -autorestart flag in addition to
-autoupdate? I think it would be efficient and more useful to have them
as separate flags.

Cheers!
-Marticus

--
"An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest"
                                        - Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)