Upgrading the system is a significantly different task from upgrading
the kernel.

On Dec 7, 2005, at 9:10 AM, Joseph Laws wrote:

Back it up if you have one of their NAS or backup functions.  Then pay
them $35 to do it (go from RHEL3.4 to RHEL 4.0).

Mike Norton wrote:

My box is a production box, I am renting from theplanet.  I am
very nervous
about doing a kernel update and not having it come back up.  If I
where
guaranteed with a uninterrupted upgrade path I would in a heart beat.

On 12/7/05, William Warren
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

yes considering the latest is 2.32.  HOwever his linux vendor may be
backporting fixes.

Matt Leonhardt wrote:

Wouldn't it be safe to upgrade to a 2.6.x kernel? Last I known
2.4.21was
out-dated, and highly exploitable.