hey maike.  I don't use a startup script per se.  I actually use a
dedicated screen startup argument inside of /etc/rc.d/rc.local.  I use
the following for CS:Source

sudo -u hlds sh -c "cd /servers/srcds/; screen -A -m -d -S srcds
./srcds_run -debug +port 27016 +maxplayers 10 -autoupdate +map de_nuke
-ip 192.168.1.120 - pingboost 3"

I run an intel celeron 2.4 ghz cpu and it detects fine.  I hve a firned
that runs a p-4 HT cpu witht he same arguemtn w/o issue...:)

Mike Norton wrote:
Hi guys.  Well I am having the segfault issue and I think it is due to the
the startup script not properly identifying my cpu.  Is there a way to
manually tell it which one to use so I do not get the segfault loop?

Thanks

Here are my system specs.

1 Dell \ 800 FSB dual xeon \ PowerEdge 1800  2 Intel \ 2.8 GHz 800FSB \ P4
Xeon  1 Generic \ 2048 MB \ DDR 400 ECC Reg  1 Unknown \ Onboard \
SCSI  2 Fujitsu
\ 73GB:SCSI:Ultra320 TotalControl \ map3735nc  1 Dell \ DRAC \ 4
RHE 3

Thanks all.
--
Mike Norton
http://www.dev4gamers.com

ManO-iGO

My "Foundation" verse:
Isa 54:17  No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and
every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt
condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their
righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

-- carpe ductum -- "Grab the tape"
CDTT (Certified Duct Tape Technician)

Linux user #322099