And the difference of todays crashes are? 70% of all my crashes for hlds
happens at client connect. All these crashes started once valve decided to
throw in threading support. And getting up to 40-60 crashes per day spread
on 8 servers isnt good... especially since they get restarted 0600 as a
workaround if there are any memory leaks.

Setting a roof for memory usage isnt bad practice at all. Its better to
let the leaking process crash before it hogs the system.

/Bjorn