From: "Alfred Reynolds" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <hlds_linux@list.valvesoftware.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2006 9:00 AM
Subject: RE: [hlds_linux] Question for Alfred

I am not getting much traction on the Steam ID swapping bug. It would be
useful if you experienced the problem to send me log excerpts showing
two users connecting and then how the ID's switch to the wrong person
(please don't send full logs, process them first so they only have
details from the people who experienced the bug).

- Alfred

Alfred Reynolds wrote:
We are working on the Steam ID issue and looking into what could be
causing the spikes. I have not heard of any leaks or a problem with
the
banner under hlds (note that srcds does not support this).

- Alfred

Jordan Bagwell wrote:
Alfred when are we going to have some fixes for these problems:

Random lag spikes in servers.  These spikes are not due to
connectivity issues but something in the hlds engine itself.

The massive memory leaks

The Steam ID misassignment

Randomly dropping half the players in a full server.

Banner.gif for custom content hosting.

Not to mention all the problems with the source engine

hlds didn't have all these problems 6 months ago.  Updates are
supposed to fix things... not break stuff that's been working fine.

I think I speak for all GSPs when I say that we'd like a server
engine that's stable and not full of programming worthy of windows.
Maybe you guys need to fire some programmers.