On Feb 3, 2006, at 12:55 AM, Peter Kirby wrote:

On 03/02/06, Erik Hollensbe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Completely unrelated, I want to mention that it's very cool and
surprising to see a paid employee answering mail on a help list at
midnight pacific time (which is where the valve offices are located,
at least).

I know there are a lot of gripes out there about various (and worthy)
things from the server operators, but this should echo (through
action, the best kind) a few things about the effort involved to keep
people happy.

I agree. It's also a pretty damn quick response to the performance
issue (which I think is the only one preventing a full server farm
rollout of the beta).

With regards to the AMD problem though. The hostname thing may be the
problem. But why would the i486 binary work for these people (well I
say people, only 1 person replied that the i486 worked fine) with VAC
and the AMD not?

Weren't there issues with VAC and amd64? I recall encountering this a
while back on some servers I was working on.

--
Erik Hollensbe
[EMAIL PROTECTED]