I can't tell you a definite reason that it's happening, but I can give
you an idea. Seeing as I'm on a satellite connection, when I SSH to my
server and reattach to my screen session, my satellite sometimes will
stop receiving data for about 30 seconds or so from my server. What
this does to the process inside the screen session is basically cause
it to wait to send more of what it prints out to the console to my SSH
session. In essence, the srcds process is waiting on my client to
catch up and has nowhere to send the data. I'm not the best at
explaining things in simple terms, so forgive any part of that which
may be an inaccurate representation. Anyways, usually if my satellite
lags for too long, it will drop most of the clients on the server not
long after my terminal catches up. Perhaps there is something
constantly attached to the screen on the server that is causing it to
hang and wait to output more data. If you're constantly leaving a SSH
session attached to the screen, perhaps you should consider only doing
so when you need to view the console. A program like HLDS would also
be a great alternative to monitoring from the actual server console.
If this is not related to what's happening on your servers, just
disregard this message.
Now that I read it back over, it barely makes sense to me, but I hope
it's of some help to you. I'm too tired to edit this.