On 2/9/06, Mike Norton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I was going to sit by quietly on Alfred response about "NOISE" but
> then Stan pipes up with that attack?

The guy who reported the bug seems to get it.  It's not like I called
him an asshole or anything, grow up.

> Alright, enough is enough.

Yeah I'm sure all the hardships you've endured by reading this list
have had a terrible toll on your life.

> 1.  As a serious server operator who does not seem to have a voice in
> the bigger picture, I.E. requests are ignored or unanswered, I would
> for one like to be told of possible exploits to keep an eye out and
> promptly ban anyone who uses them.  Otherwise I am stuck with waiting
> for Valve to fix the issue.  No offence Alfred but track record is
> lacking here.  Sorry.

How many actual bugs have you tried reporting to anyone directly?
Any?  It's not like Alfred has never asked serious bugs be sent
directly him, he's been asking for years.  As someone who has reported
many bugs to Alfred I can tell you over the past five years he and
others at Valve have been nothing but greatful for the help.

> 2.  If you think the exposure of a hack like this on this list is
> going to increased the amount of use on it then I must wonder why you
> are here?  Script kitties use underground lists and boards that most
> of us, including myself, do not know about.

So because pathetic cheaters use private forums you can't report
serious bugs privately to Valve?

> 3.  Please do not lambaste another user for trying to point out
> something that needs to be fixed.  That is BAD taste.

It's one thing to point out a bug, its entirely another to put every
single server operator in jeopardy.  Who is being selfish here?

> Thanks for the time.

Whatever.  You're completely off-base.

-sb