I think VAC2 is pro-active, if i recall it correctly Alfred said VAC2 will
ban anything what it finds in the memory running hooked into the hl engine.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Scott" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <hlds_linux@list.valvesoftware.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 16, 2006 7:34 PM
Subject: RE: [hlds_linux] Updating VAC2

The cheaters will always be ahead of any anti-cheat system. The anti cheat
system is a reactive system, NOT a proactive system.

There will always be cheaters, it is up to valve to plug the holes, and it
is up to the people who write the cheats to find new holes.

All we can do is hope that Valve keeps allocating development resources to
Vac2 to keep plugging the newest holes in the code.