True, my CS server's CPU usage is high too. Runing a 32slot server on 3GHz
is almost inposible. You can uninstall all mods, but when there is at least
26 players, server's cpu usage grows up to 90%.

----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <hlds_linux@list.valvesoftware.com>
Sent: Friday, April 14, 2006 8:29 PM
Subject: [hlds_linux] Very high CPU usage since HLDS Engine upgrade 35

Greetings

Since I upgraded my Natural-Selection Linux Server from 'Linux Server
Engine' version 29 to 35, it takes very high CPU usage.
Around 20-30% more than usual, so that I had to reduce the Serverslots
from 32 to 20, as else the Pings increase about 300, up to 600 and higher.
I'm 100% sure, that it is the Engine update 35, as I didnt change
anything else on the Server since months - and before there were no
problems.

I run a Amd Athlon 3000+ with 1 GB Ram and Suse 9.3 with Kernel: "Linux
linux 2.6.11.4-21.10-default #1 Tue Nov 29 14:32:49 UTC 2005 i686 athlon
i386 GNU/Linux"
Its a rootserver and theres nothing else running on it.

Unfortunaly I forgot to make an backup before I updated the Server, so
it would be nice if you could tell me where I can dowload the older HLDS
version 29, or lower, so I can downgrade till that problem is fixed.

cheers
SecurityFox