Hi

"I'll try to plan some maintenance to switch to a 32 bit OS on some
machines, we'll see if that helps. "

Please tell us the result!

cheers
SecurityFox

Mike Noordermeer schrieb:

Hi,

First of all, thanks for the reply Alfred.

Well, the problems are quite vague here. I'm not seeing really high CPU
usage numbers, except for on some servers. I do see some increased
instability and a less stable serverside FPS.

Currently we're using a x86_64 kernels on all our boxes, mostly 2.6.15
or 2.6.16, and running the hlds in 32 bit mode through multilib. (Btw,
the reason for this choice was the better performance of the 64 bit
hlds) OS is either Gentoo (old versions, 2004.3/2005.0) or Ubuntu 5.10.
I also recently updated a box to Ubuntu 6.06 Beta, but that didn't help
anything. All boxes are dual processor, some are dual core too,
processes aren't locked to a specific processor (and that's not
something I consider a solution either, since I don't want to lock the
processes). None of the boxes are using PowerNow/Cool&Quiet or w/e.

--
Mike Noordermeer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]