hi alfred,

this is my first time posting in this list, i'm not sure if this is the
right place for my question, but i did not find any other adequate list.
since two days our cs/css/dods servers try to update from steam content
servers located at cs-arena.com. as you can see in the steam content servers
status page at http://www.steampowered.com/status/content_servers.html ,
these servers are filtered - so it's impossible for our servers to get an
update. the only solution was to edit our hosts files so all request
pointing at cs-arena.com are redirected to unfiltered servers from other
providers located in germany.

it seems that this problem is not limited to us as we also tried to update
temp servers located in other data centers which are not related to us. our
assumption is that steam clients simply do not know that content servers
from cs-arena are filtered and block all update requests from servers that
do not belong to the cs-arena IP pool. can you confirm that? can you tell
somebody to fix it? :o)

by the way: we'd like to get our own steam content servers (bandwidth is no
problem), is there any way to speed up the application?

kind regards,
timo
XG1.net