Sounds like you still need to open some more ports. Permit outgoing
connections on UDP and TCP port range 27000 - 27050. If that solves it,
you know you have a firewalling issue. Also check if you have a firewall
like iptables running on your linux box and temporarily turn that off as
well.
Of course after you debug it is advisable to make sure you do set your
firewall up properly and not leave it 'open'.
The steam command is fine by the way.
Good luck..
---
Regime