There's a couple of different top versions/outputs depending on dist/version
so be a bit wary. I've seen a couple where the max was 50% or 100% depending
on which one.

First thing I tend to do is run something like prime95 or something else
that will max a virtual cpu and see what it shows. That will give a base
100% virtual cpu usage line for you to play around and check what makes
sense thereafter.

Be also wary about dividing cpu usage / 2, as whichever way you look at it,
it doesn't really work like that. If its a later version of top and you hit
"1" it will show separate cpu states which you may find more useful, and is
per virtual cpu. I'm thinking that chances are it will still show 14% (as
said there's a couple of different tops, so I don't want to say which for
sure), and in reality you are using 14% of a real cpu, but you have some
"spare" processing time depending on what else is running. Typically you
won't get much past an extra 10/15%, probably be even less with gameservers.

Main thing is not to think of each virtual processor as a full cpu, even
though either one can run at 100% in a sense, but not both at the same time,
other things are happening. It's worth doing a bit of reading on
hyperthreading on the net which can explain the details a lot better.

Best stats are fps and playing and mrtg whines per hour ;).