Krillins World wrote:
#1 The Electronic Protection Act was something I learmed in college some 5
years ago. Not sure but it just may be USA standards.

Well, there ain't no LL.D at the beginning or end of my name, nor am I
running a business, so I don't know and don't really need to know.
However, when running  hldsupdatetool.bin, you've decided to agree to
the following block of words:

VALVE DOES NOT GUARANTEE CONTINOUS [sic], ERROR-FREE, VIRUS-FREE OR
SECURE OPERATION AND ACCESS TO STEAM, THE STEAM SOFTWARE, YOUR ACCOUNT
AND YOUR SUBSCRIPTIONS(S) [sic]. YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE RISK WITH RESPECT
TO THE PERFORMANCE AND RESULTS OF THE STEAM SOFTWARE IN CONNECTION WITH
YOUR HARDWARE. [...] NEITHER VALVE [...] NOR THEIR AFFILIATES SHALL BE
LIABLE [...] FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM THE [...]
INABILITY TO USE STEAM, YOUR ACCOUNT, YOUR SUBSCRIPTIONS AND THE STEAM
SOFTWARE [...] .

This pretty much says that you can't hold Valve responsible for having
answered "yes" to that one question when unpacking the self-extractor
without reading what the license agreement says. (And even if you don't
read it, you can pretty much bet that it will contain such a clause.
Software licensing agreements simply do.)
#2 The account used for my dedicated server is not FREE there are PAID
packages on the account (Thought I needed to when I wanted to host condition
zero server)

You paid for the *game clients*, not for the *game servers*. There's a
big fat gaping hole between the two.
#3 Linux Distros (as you call them) all run off the same base engine. U N I
X  so what is the problem?

1. Not every UNIX is like every other UNIX. Try running the Linux
dedicated server on Mac OS X or OpenBSD without emulation or
translation. "If at first you don't succeed, you fail and the testing
will be terminated." It just won't work.
2. Distro coders very often make changes to basic and the kernel. Apart
from that, not every distro runs on the same version of a given library;
in your case, this would probably be the glibc (GNU Library of C). I've
had no problems running the most recent servers on either SUSE 10.1 or
SLAX 5.18. See if Mandriva lets you run a system upgrade; maybe they've
put up a newer glibc version.
On the lighter side, thank you for getting back to me and explaining what
this error means. I am very busy at the time so I will look into trying this
solution sometime over the weekend when my server is not so busy

Your server is busy? I thought you can only serve outdated clients now
that you couldn't update your server for ages, so it wouldn't matter if
you just Ctrl+C them out.
Thanks
Krillin

You're welcome,