Right now sv_consistency itself doesn't check that much. With an texture
wallhack you can easily access the server. What we've done to solve this is
use CVAR-X to check the consistency of these files. Since the new cvar
cl_restrict_server_commands and it being set to 1 as default CVAR-X is
harder to use. Since I know that Valve has already been informed about the
cvars blocked in zBlock and about rate hacking (greets to Barrelds) it would
be great that sv_consistency would also be brought up to date.

What I'm suggesting that server admins could choose which files to check.
The files being:

sounds
map textures (boxes, walls, doors, etc)
player models (skins/models)
weapon models
Any or all above.

I know there are people who love to use skins but right now we are blocking
anyone using skins from our servers and we still have our servers full. So
there are players who don't need nor wan't skins.There are also paranoid
admins (like me) who wanna block custom content because they can be used to
gain advantage over other players.

Thanks..

--
Jani "Tirppa" Tiira