Thank you both for ur help. :) greatly appreciated.

-amit

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of kyle
Sent: Saturday, December 09, 2006 12:56 PM
To: hlds_linux@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: RE: [hlds_linux] tickrate

The FPS_max command is not used at all.     it's only for source servers.

Sys_ticrate can be changed with rcon,  when you say console, are you
referring to the clients console or the HLDS console.   if your talking
about the HLDS console then yes ,  you can change sys_ticrate through that.

The client should not be able change anything regarding sys_ticrate while
ingame.
this can lead to a lot of problems for your server.

About your next question,  i use sys_ticrate 1000 for all my linux fedora 3
4 & 5 boxes and they run smooth as silk.   I have heard from this forum that
800 tic will do the same but I haven't tried it.

i have done extensive testing and found these rates are the best for all
HL1mods.
Sv_maxrate 20000
Sv_minrate 4000
Sv_maxupdaterate 50