Thank you for posting this!
I never tought of it.

By the way, is there a way to reply to the rcon command issuer?
I changed the alias to  +alias sys_ticrate "echo sys_ticrate fixed at
$RATE fps, contact us for more" , but this only outputs text in console,
no reply is sent to rcon command issuer.

Is there any other command besides "echo" to output text the way I intent?

Regards,

--
k-mystik! -- get2play administrator
web: www.get2play.com

Ales Koprivnikar wrote:
i am not too sure that specifying the ticrate in the command line locks
it... Try this :)

+sys_ticrate 200 +alias sys_ticrate "wait"

best regards
         Ales