-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ronny Schedel
Sent: Monday, December 18, 2006 11:54 AM
To: hlds_linux@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] OK, getting frustrated now!

Hello,

you can try and install hotsanic (http://hotsanic.sourceforge.net/). It will
give you a better overview what really happens on your system. Install at
least the modules traffic, system and netstat.

Also follow this tutorial for a good kernel:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=486424

Most important stuff is the 1000 Hz patch and the scheduler settings.

After you have a well configured kernel, don't use taskset or anything to
force the processes to a specific CPU, the scheduler will do for you very
well.

Best regards
Ronny