From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Whisper
Sent: Thursday, February 08, 2007 4:48 PM
To: hlds_linux@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: [hlds_linux] Any good Linux SRCDS OS Setup Guides?

Hi guys

I figured you would be the best to ask.

I'm trying to help a friend get their Linux Box into shape for the SRCDS
servers they are running on it.

Problem is, I know next to nothing about Linux, so even if I searched for a
guide on how to setup Linux OS for SRCDS, I have no way of evaluating the
usefulness of the information.

I do know a fair bit about SRCDS though, problem is, the person who looks
after the box is a Linux guru who doesn't know anything about SRCDS, and
since I know nothing about Linux, I'm not much help in telling him all the
little in's and out's of setting up a Linux box for SRCDS.

In any case, are there any guides on how to setup Linux for SRCDS,
particuarly paying attention to specific kernel versions + settings and
CPU/MB types and matching them correctly to maxmise SRCDS performance?

Thanks