Von: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Im Auftrag von Alfred Reynolds
Gesendet: Dienstag, 20. März 2007 18:19
An: hlds_linux@list.valvesoftware.com
Betreff: RE: [hlds_linux] Compiling linux server code (Battlegrounds 2)

Note that these systems were chosen due to the hardware differences and
library sets, not for maintainability or security for a hosting
operator. You should choose the hardware and OS that best suits your
environment.

- Alfred

Alfred Reynolds wrote:

We have a dual core Intel machine running Debian sarge and a single
core
AMD running Slackware 10.

- Alfred

Xavier Kerestesy wrote:

[ Converted text/html to text/plain ]
Good day Alfred,
    May I ask what type of Linux servers, software and hardware, you
have in your server farm?  As you know it is hard to all variations
and get it right the first time.  I would ideally like to get as
close to as possible as your testing environment so there is less
impact to our customers. Thank you, Xavier
Alfred Reynolds wrote:

This question is better asked on the hlcoders list (subscribe via
http://list.valvesoftware.com[1]).  The reason you need to do it is
because the Source engine is compiled with GCC 3.x and GCC 4.x
binaries aren't binary compatible for the C++ ABI.

- Alfred

Dave Dodd wrote:

Hi,

Can someone either point me towards discussion of why the linux_sdk
need to be compiled under GCC 3.?.?   I am trying to resolve a
problem with my Battlegrounds 2 server and I don't want to downgrade
my compiler from 4.1.1 .  I was able to compile a server under 4.1.1
by simply tweaking two source files lightglow.cpp & mathlib.cpp

Anyone ?

-- Dave