From: "jonatan sandberg" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <hlds_linux@list.valvesoftware.com>
Sent: Monday, April 30, 2007 10:30 PM
Subject: [hlds_linux] (no subject)

[ Converted text/html to text/plain ]
Hello!
I run two servers, one public deathmatch and one warserver. These servers
are
crashing wildly, at any moment. I have tried to remove the plugins but
that did
not help. I even tried to reinstall a new server completly clean with no
custom settings (exept a password). But, the servers kept on crashing at
least
once or twice every day.
It is not an ordinary crash but a "freeze crash". The server freezes in
console and does not reboot or respond with stats or status. To quit the
program I have to quit the screen. Because of this I am not getting any
error
message.Obviously, because of that it is hard for me to find the cause of
the
crash.
What can I do to find out what is causing the complete freeze of the
program?
Are there any system, or program, error logs that I could read for
information?
Or is there maybe an command to force the server to write an error log?
I think (not sure, I installed the servers around this time) that this
error
came with the 13/3-07 update. Please help I'm getting sick of having to
start
the server, and wait for it to fill, everytime I wan't to play on it. =(
I have an dual-quad core xeon (woodcrest)
Plenty of fast ram
Lots of hdd
running debian etch 2.6.20.1with 1000hz preemp kernel