game-monitor.com shows around 16k secure and 10k insecure Counterstrike
Source servers world wide. We have 2 Source servers and 2 hlds servers that
will be restarted every morning. The hlds servers are secure after the
restart like before, but the Source servers remains insecure. What is the
trick to be one of the 16k to get secure again?

Best regards

Ronny Schedel

I'm actually seeing the same thing happening out of our 3140 servers as
well, with the same errors, and they do not seem to reconnect to VAC. I
was just about to throw in a report myself until I saw this thread.

Popping open tcpdump didn't seem to show any communications attempted to
anything identifying itself as a Valve server upon startup.A bit later
on it did, but nothing that brought up anything of consequence.

Jason, Alfred - any ideas?

ics wrote:
3 of our servers are also VACless so i take it that VAC servers are once
again down. If VAC goes down, servers should automatically connect back
to it when its up but maybe there should be a manual command which
admins could use to connect to vac servers. How frequently the servers
are trying to connect now?

version : 1.0.0.34/7 3140 insecure (secure mode enabled, disconnected
from Steam3)
We also get that same error in console time to time which is
netconnectionbuffer.cpp (241) : Assertion Failed: cubReadRemaining == 0

-ics