Hi Karumba

Also seeing that here on our 32 slot linux server. No response from
valve at the min as to what is causing this, but you are not alone :)
I have to say though, we don't see lag during gameplay, this maybe as we
have been fairly strict on users rate settings recently.

The thing i have noticed is that if a user comes on our server with rate
10000 cmd 30 update 20 (default i think for new installation) then they
visibly lag around the screen. (our server is 66 tick) only when we pop
them up to rate 20000 cmd 66 and update 66 do they stop lagging. Might
be worth looking into.

Would Valve like to comment yet? What do we need to send you in order to
fix this bug? Im sure everyone is willing to help

Yours hopefully

Phil

karumba wrote:
hi all,

maybe i'm opening a new thread on things already under discussion, but
i'm new to the mailing list...so, sorry.

since the latest 2 updates, we have quite awful lags at round end/start
*and* also during a round - so, this sounds quite equal to what ics
wrote.

we have a very famous german 52 slot server with strong internet
connection. we had no problems for months...up to now. CPU and memory
usage is fine.

i've taken a screenshot illustrating the problem during round start:
http://theke.sachsenkneipe.de/gaps.jpg

there are big gaps were no packets are transmitted. we have
"net_queue_flush_interval 0" and "net_queued_packet_thread 0" - with the
default settings the lag is worse.

are there any solutions? or at least things we could test to isolate the
problem?

our machine:
- AMD64 3700+
- debian, latest stable
- kernel: 2.6.18-4-amd64 #1 SMP x86_64 GNU/Linux

plz let me know, if we could help or if you need more details.

greetings from germany,
karumba