From: "leo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <hlds_linux@list.valvesoftware.com>
Sent: Monday, August 13, 2007 1:48 PM
Subject: [hlds_linux] only one gameserver per core?

Hi everybody,

I noticed the following behavior on my server:
If I run one gameserver on my root I have a very good result. No lags.
When I start a second one, it gets worse.
You can see that on the following pictures:
http://www.hct-gaming.de/cstrike/1-2server.jpg

The fist picture was taken with one 100Tick server full (20 players).
The second one with another gameserver, gungame 66Tick. In sum there
were also 20 players on both servers.
So why this difference? Is it only possible to run one gameserver per
core? Is my CPU to old and weak (AMD athlon64 3700+)? In my opinion
there should be enough resources free for a good gameplay with two
servers. I'm not having more that 50% CPU usage and that with both
servers full.
http://www.hct-gaming.de/mrtg/index.html

Some days ago "ROM1" wrote a mail (8/10/2007 0:07) that hey's running 5
gameservers on a core2duo without any problems. Of course this CPU is
much better but I'm only trying to run 2 gameservers, not 5 ;)

My kernel: 2.6.22.1-rt9 Tickless, High resolution timer and low-latency
patch
on a opensuse 10.2  root 32-bit

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Leo