For the record, 250HZ is the default for the linux kernel. ;)

And people say 1000fps for their server the same little kids put OC48 or
something similarly silly in their server name. It's a marketing gimmick
that little kids fall for. The real secret to having good servers is to not
overload them. Period. ;) Simple stuff like a 1000HZ kernel and setting
affinity and nice (if you can, anyway) are all you'll need for the most
part. Nightly reboots also help.

Just my $.02.

-tsuehpsyde
SourceKills.com