From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <hlds_linux@list.valvesoftware.com>
Sent: Sunday, October 07, 2007 3:13 AM
Subject: [hlds_linux] So.. p3 support for linux binary? yes/no please

A lot of us have fast, server-grade P3 servers. Can we please get an
official word on whether the Linux binary will support this hardware, or
are we wasting our time? Like others have pointed out, the Windows SRCDS
doesn't have this requirement.

I just want a clear answer on this so I can assess my options. I will
likely just abandon TF2 hosting personally, as I cannot afford to
replace all my machines at this time -- others may choose to purchase
new hardware. But at least give us the data we need to make this
decision!  My trusty P3 servers are fast enough to run this game with
the maxplayers I have in mind, and did so for CS:S for years now.

I understand the game is essentially beta, and I am happy to wait for a
fix. I just want to know if one is forthcoming or not. Looking through
archives of this list, I'm seeing very conflicting information about
this issue. On person says this isn't intended, Alfred seems to be
saying we're SOL. I hope this isn't true, I'm very excited about hosting
this game.

Thanks for your time!

--
cj_