Dear VALVe:

With the newest patch, my dual core 2.4GHz conroe xeon can no longer
run a server on each core. Because the game still doesn't support
multithreading, this means i can't run servers at all without maxing
out a core. With 32-players on the server the FPS drops below 100 and
while it still is smooth, I'm one patch away from not being able to
run a single 32-slot server on a dual core xeon. This is absurd. When
I started this box I was averaging like 70% per core, ~80% with
sourcetv+autorecord. Now its at like 95% and my load average is
hovering slightly above 2.0

Please, please, please work on server performance. There is no reason
this much power should be required. Simple tweaks like fixing the way
overuse of expensive kernel calls (gettimeofday, etc.), improving the
obscenely stupid frame/tick system scheduling, etc, would yield
massive benefits. If the next patch furthers the cpu usage increasing
trend, I *will* be taking my servers offline, as I'm not upgrading
(again) to keep up with bloat.

Please look at this, or risk me breaking into your offices and
optimizing the engine by force.

- Neph