From: ics [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, September 07, 2008 1:41 PM
To: Half-Life dedicated Linux server mailing list
Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] Good Stats Package

I use Psychostats, a long time user (~4 years). It is said that version
3.2 will have real time logging system, just like Hlstatx does
currently. I'd also say that there is still a free version of hlstatx
available but is a bit more limited. We run this on few of our TF2
servers where Psychostats isnt as good as it is in CSS.

As for pros and cons of Psychostats, I am urged to mention that
Psychostats 2.3 was a stable release. Best one that i have yet used.
However, its old and outdated.

Version 3.0 seems to drop some players off randomly and is a dud. Ill
get back to this in a moment why. Version 3.1 is more stable and seems
to find additional 500-1000 players from the same logs that version 3.0
ate and 3.1 has also more accurate logs parsing. The 3.0 version also
lost players randomly. First their game sessions started showing 0 kills
and deaths and then the whole player disappeared into thin air. If i ran
the logs from the start with clean, the players appeared again. However,
i cant be arsed to run stats from the start every time a player gets
lost. It isnt funny to run 5 gigs of logfiles through the stats every
week just to keep all players intact in the statistics.

Version 3.1 seems to be working better, however, i have had atleast 1
reported case where a player has disappeared into thin air. He wont show
up in stats at all but if i run the stats again from the logs (clean
start), that missing player is there again but no idea how long. 3.1 is
the version i have to use currently since there isnt a better version
out. Perhaps the upcoming 3.2 version will fix all of these issues.
Otherwise, Psychostats is ok system. There is a lots of data to look on
etc, just like hlstatsx. Psychostats is a bit delayed but there are some
plugins that can be used to retrieve data from the stats but its a good
idea to have a separate server running the stats as they consume a lot
of CPU while they update.

-ics