What settings in your kernel are you using?
Use: No force preemptition - server, 1000Hz timer, HPET, SMP, enable HT
(newer dual core xeons have HT)
do not use +sys_ticrate 10000 when you set 1000Hz in kernel, use just
+sys_ticrate 1000 (because 10000 on 1000Hz timer is speeded server
[everything is 1.5x faster]) and don't use -pingboost at all, since your
server is already boosted (thru 1000Hz in kernel)
just: ./hlds_run -game cstrike +map ... +sys_ticrate 1000 -port 1337 and
so on.

I don't believe that stats, are you running 64 slot server or something? :)
I'm using similar processors (2x) on one of my machines (16gb ram), I
run about 10 20 slots public servers on it, no issue.
Btw if you have something like low latency desktop set up in your
kernel, your hlds usage would be much higher. Use no force preemptition

Kveri