You'll setup the MOTD and banner ad by editing the attached .txt files (which
are in the Left4Dead folder) to point at your images.

-Eric

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Matt Lyons
Sent: Wednesday, November 05, 2008 5:35 PM
To: Half-Life dedicated Win32 server mailing list
Subject: Re: [hlds] Left 4 Dead -Matchmaking

Can we get some specs on the banner please?

Size, file type, size restrictions etc...

Eric Smith wrote:
> Left 4 Dead will use the new matchmaking system we've been working
> on.
>
> The new matchmaking system replaces the traditional server browser.
> By running a public dedicated server your server will be added to a
> list of servers available for clients to use when playing.  Games are
> started from a Game Lobby by clients, who are then connected to a
> dedicated server when they start the game.  When they're done, your
> server is added back to the list of available servers.  Clients will
> be able to "Quick Match", "Play Online", and "Play With Friends" when
> they want to play a game.
>
> You will still have access to the traditional Message of the Day for
> your server.  For Left 4 Dead, we've added a banner ad you can create
> that will be displayed to clients when they're playing on your
> server.  There is also a ranking system to show the popularity of
> your server.
>
> This is the first version of what we've been working on, and we're
> going to want feedback from all of you once things start turning up
> tomorrow.
>
> -Eric

Matt Lyons (Bsc CS & Soft Eng)
Content Administrator, Internode Systems
150 Grenfell St, Adelaide SA 5000
Ph: (08) 8228 2877
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
WWW: www.internode.com.au
"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; In
practice, there is."

http://www.l4d.com/news.html