If you run cvarlist from the console, one of the cvars listed is
"sv_allow_lobby_connect_only" and the description indicates that players
can only join from the lobby system if this is set.  Has anyone tried
setting this to zero and seeing if direct connection is possible?

I don't have my server up yet so I haven't tested it yet.

     - Dave

Joseph Laws wrote:
> Erik, a cvar would work for something like that.
>
> sv_public 1 = server added to region match-maker network
> sv_public 0 = server not added and clients must know the ip/port and/or
> passwords to join the server
>
> Problem solved.
>
> Erik Johnson wrote:
>> We're going to add support for what you describe, it just isn't something
>> that is done just yet.
>>
>> The case that will be difficult if not impossible to deal with will be a
>> mixed system, where you have a private "clan server" for you and a friend,
>> and you want two other public players to come in via matchmaking.

Dave Parker
Utica College
Integrated Information Technology Services
(315) 792-3229
Registered Linux User #408177