I still think the lobby is to limited. Valve is always supporting mods. But,
as I said before (and what sakefox is saying), I think valve is making a big
mistake with the current lobby.

In my opinion I see a community lobby.. So basically if I want to play on my
own community server I only need to join a community lobby. If there are 4
players in the community lobby it will be hosted on 1 of my own community
servers. So basically you have 1 lobby for more servers in my case. If
players are not community bounded they can just press a button witch let him
join a community lobby nearby his home location.

This way community's can host their own mods and tweak it and still get
players on it. Server managers can customize their own lobby.

The current lobby is just crappy for big community's. Half of my community
is playing l4d, but I can't force them to join our server by the serverlist
bypass. They just connect the easy way and play on a different server. If
you are a small community it's really a good way to get players, because
people who don't know your community are still coming to play on your
server. I can really understand that server managers don't want to buy a
extra server to host l4d, because its not sure that your community is going
to play on those servers.

Beside that.. how are community members going to monitor the server. At this
moment I have 7 l4d demo servers running, but nobody of my community have
played on those servers. So I can't assign admin's to a server.

I say a valve reply coming by about this subject, but I really think they
needed to add some sort of community lobby.