From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of David A. Parker
Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2008 1:39 PM
To: Half-Life dedicated Linux server mailing list
Subject: [hlds_linux] Opening ports for forked servers

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out which ports I would need to request to have
opened through our firewall if I decide to run a forked L4D server
(which I would like to do).  As it stands right now, we have the
following ports open to each of our game server IPs:

TCP 27015
UDP 1200
UDP 27000-27015

Let's say I start a server using the following command line:

./srcds_run \
-game left4dead \
-ip x.x.x.x \
-nohltv \
+map l4d_dem_hospital01_apartment\
-fork 8

This should start 8 servers, and since I'm not using hltv, they should
be listening on sequential UDP ports 27015-27022.  In this case I would
simply ask to have UDP ports 27016-27022 opened up.  However, in
Milton's e-mail he mentioned other options, such as -steamport,
+clientport +hostport, +matchmakingport, and +systemlinkport.  Would any
of these ports need to be specified as well?

     Thanks,
     Dave

--

Dave Parker