At 21:53 19-11-2008, Steve wrote:

>+exec in the startup line only runs once on startup (and possibly when
>it goes into hibernation).

Sorry for stealing the thread, but now I see hibernation mentioned.

I haven't had all that much experience running a srcds server, i've
been running a TF2 server for a while, and a private Garrys Mod, and
in line with the L4D launch, i've setup a semi-private server (as
private as they get at the moment :)

But, when running a steamgroup exclusive server, the server goes into
hibernation when the final player leaves, and because of this, just
stops responding.

I haven't seen it leaving hibernation before I either restart it, or
load a new map.

Does anyone know / can explain exactly what hibernation is, and why
the server enters this state?

/Peter