Was your rcon password something that someone could easily bruteforce? Is it
possible that your game server's FTP password got out and that he got it
through that? Does anyone but you know the rcon passwords or have access to
your files?

I kind of doubt a program could get rcon passwords so easily or else we'd
have an epidemic of admins having problems.

Use good passwords.