There is a way to get a more detailed core dump that might give you, or
someone else, some more information to work with.

I think it is you change the number in this line in hlds_run:

            ulimit -c 2000

To something larger, like 16384.  However, someone better confirm that
before you actually do it, because I don't have the information at hand,
and I can't find it.

Drek