I don't use a password. This is my server config:
hostname                        gencha's L4D Servers - No Mercy - Normal
Difficulty
rcon_password                   "nothingspecial"
map                             l4d_hospital01_apartment
m_difficulty                    normal
sv_search_key                   "gencha"
sv_lan                          0
sv_region                       3
sv_allow_lobby_connect_only     1

I also tried the search key without quotes. I also tried it with and
without quotes in the game. Without any luck.