Eric-Jan Riemers wrote:
> I once saw the tip..
>
> Put this in console "sv_cheats 1;ms_force_dedicated_server
> 213.206.x.x:27030"
>
> Since my sv_search_key does not always work for some odd reason..
> However as of the latest update sometimes the force dedicated doesn't work
> either, then I just start my server up again (or a second one, or hand the
> string to someone else) and then it works. So its not all flawless.
>
> You have to have your own server for this, but besides this all, you already
> need too since you want to kick the person that went into your team with a
> new level so your buddy can join again :P

That is exactly my problem. If I want to, i can just open the server
browser and connect to my server.
Then I can invite my friends and keep kicking people until all my
friends finally get in.
This is very unpleasent though, especially for the people getting kicked.
And also, after my friends are in we have to vote to get back to the
lobby to set up the game we like.

I just want to be able to create a friends-only lobby on my server,
invite my friends and have a nice game.

So now that I got my config files working I tried sv_search_key again.
But my server is never found when I start a game from the lobby.
So I tried using the steamgroup feature. It looked very promising as it
also seems to be the feature that integrates well into the L4D GUI.
And my server does show up right in the main menu. Yet when I click on
it it will always show me the lobby for a second and then send me right
into the game.
Then I'm left with the same problem as before.