Is it normal for a 32 man TF2 (Badwater) server to take up 80-90% of the
CPU on Q9300 (Quad 2.5ghz) when the server is full and theres a lot of
action going on?

I recompiled my kernel according to the Fragaholics wiki guide.
Kernel 2.6.28.7 #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Mar 4 17:36:14 PST 2009 x86_64 x86_64
x86_64 GNU/Linux

CPU scaling is disabled, irqbalance is disabled, server is not running
unnecessary services nor web servers, databases, or anything else. I
have 4 32man servers running on there, but only 1 is full and the other
3 have a total of 10 or less players combined.

FPS max is set to 501 and sv_maxrate/cmdrate is 67. Did not change tick
or systick via startup options.

I used taskset to lock the process to single core
# taskset -p 3634
pid 3634's current affinity mask: 4
# taskset -p 3331
pid 3331's current affinity mask: 1
# taskset -p 3105
pid 3105's current affinity mask: 2
# taskset -p 3243
pid 3243's current affinity mask: 8

Am I doing something wrong here, or do you guys have any suggestions?

Thanks for any help/advice you can provide.

- Dan