We're getting exactly the same thing on our servers.  Running in forked
mode or just spawning a single server has the same result, it all starts
up fine, reports that it connects to the Steam servers fine, goes into
secure mode and hibernates.

None of the servers show up in the Steam Group they are assigned to or
in the server browser you can open from console.  Trying to play a game
from our test PC can't connect to any of the servers that do show in the
server browser and using the lobby system doesn't find a server to play
on either, so I'd assume its a widespread problem.