Are we talking about a multi-core like Dual Core or Quad Core?  I am
trying to watch how much I spend, but I don't want to spend too little
and get screwed in a few months or a year.  Right now my group only
plays L4D (some of us have been playing TF2 for a long time), but we are
slowly getting everyone playing TF2 as well and that's why I want a
server for both.  How about RAM?  Is 2GB enough or should I diffidently
go with 4GB?  If 2GB is enough to start I can always upgrade later when
it's needed.  Thanks for the advise on not going with virtualisation.  I
will just stick with one OS.
I'm paying for all this on my own and a few of the other group members
might throw me a few bucks, but that's why I'm trying to watch my dollars :)

Thanks!
Logan Rogers-Follis