I always assumed it worked because when I first set up my L4D server
using forks, it skipped port 27020 (fork 5 used 27019 and fork 6 used
27021).  I had to add the -nohltv option to the startup command line in
order to allow a fork to listen on 27020.  This was probably due to code
in the Source engine which reserved that port by default, though, even
if SourceTV wasn't really enabled.

     - Dave