It's happening about 3-4 times per month for me on 32bit Gentoo hosting TF2
servers only. Im not using -debug in startup line. I am using default
preempt kernel (not realtime), but i was using realtime priority scheduler
on srcds processes. I think maybe that is the problem. Now i removed
resched.sh script from crontab, cause i thought that maybe it happens at
some specific moments when cpu overload is very high and rescheduling script
changes realtime priority of all srcds_processes (chrt -f -p 98 processid),
but im not sure. Now i change realtime priority manually only. Server hasnt
crashed for about 2 weeks for now, but i think it might crash any time. This
has been frustrating for me as well, cause i lost all remote accesses to
server, all processes start to hang one by one and cpu usage is maximized
(all taken by one srcds process) at that moment till i lost connection from
server at all and i have to call my hosting company so they could physically
restart server. At first i thought it was because of some hardware failure
or something but now seeing that others have the same problem then im not
sure. I hope someone could give some more clues..

I'll give this a shot when I see it happening again.

Btw, my OS is Linux Debian Lenny 64-bit with kernel 2.6.30, default
compiled.

Cheers,