It's a valid point and I don't see any reason why this shouldn't be done.
At the end of the day it's up to Valve, but I agree, unless it's something
critical, patches shouldn't be rolled out during peak gameplay hours or on
the weekends in general since admins might not necessarily be around their
computers.

"Hi Jason,

This, for me at least, update seems to break sv_steamgroup_exclusive.
These settings seem to yoyo between working and not working with each
update."

I thought I was the only one that noticed this.  This problem has existed
since the original L4D and it's absolutely absurd that the behavior of this
cvar changes with almost every update.