From: hlds_linux-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com
[mailto:hlds_linux-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com] On Behalf Of Jonas Stendahl
Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2010 11:21 PM
To: Half-Life dedicated Linux server mailing list
Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] COUNTER-STRIKE: SOURCE BETA

If you install it like this:
./steam -command update -game cssbeta -dir . -verify_all
and the run it:
./src_run -game cstrike_beta -autoupdate .... *insert your params here *

it will download the CS:S Beta but when you run it, it will download
an old 1.6 Beta (like in someones log earlier).

But, if you install it into a folder:
./steam -command update -game cssbeta -dir beta -verify_all
and the run it in the same way, it will start normally but with these warnings:

WARNING: Failed to locate steam binary.
WARNING: Could not locate steam binary:, ignoring.

Don't know if this is the case for everyone, but installing it with
-dir . kept me from running it on Ubuntu 9.10. Don't know if it's a
bug or if I'm just doing it wrong :)